FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the elevation of Eldora?
- 9,200 at the transition area. The top of the bike course is at 9,700'
What is the water temperature of Lake Peterson?
- Usually between 57-63 degrees, thus wetsuits are required.
Where can I rent a wet suit?
- You can visit Colorado Multisport in Boulder or Runner's Roost in Denver.
Will there be a pre-ride of the course?
- On Thursday July 20th at 5:30pm there will be an organized pre-ride and the course will be marked and open on Wednesday evening August 2nd.
Why can't I preride the course except for on July 20 or the three days before the race.?
- The entire course is located on private land and is used by those landowners in the summer months. They have been nice enough to allow us the use of their land for a few days.
How technical is the course?
- The bike course will challenge all riders but all of the course is very rideable. There are a few short steep climbs with loose rocks and 1/2 mile long tight downhill on each lap. The run is exciting as it includes tight forest runs where you have to pay attention to course markings and a few just awful grunt uphills ranging from 50 feet to 75 yards.
Can I or my family volunteer?
- Of course. We are always in need of volunteers and it is truly a blast and a way to give back to the sport. Just drop us a line at email@example.com